My newborn checklist: What do I need for my newborn baby?
There are a ton of to-dos during these last few months before baby’s arrival— and shopping for all the essentials your newborn will need is not least among them.
Truth is, the amount of things a newborn needs from the very first day can take any mom-to-be by surprise. How many sleepers do I need? What is the difference between organic cotton and regular cotton? Swaddle blankets or stroller blankets?
Take a breather, we’ve got you covered. Here’s our ultimate checklist of all the baby items you’ll want to stock up on before your newborn arrives.
- 2-3 hats (to keep baby’s head warm)
- 4-6 footed sleepers (the one and done baby outfit)
- 1-2 pairs of mittens (to prevent scratching)
- 6-8 bodysuits (a versatile baby wardrobe staple)
- 3-4 leggings (pair with a bodysuit for an everyday outfit)
- 3-5 pairs of socks (for cozy toesies)
- 2-3 cardigans sets (easy layering pieces)
- 3-5 bibs (absorbent protection against messy feedings)
- 6-8 swaddle blankets (the most trusted and multi-use baby companion)
- 1-2 stroller blankets (warm and fuzzy)
- 10-15 baby cloths (for literally, anything at anytime)
- 1-2 bath towels (after bath time)